Teenage Alcohol Abuse
If you suspect that your teenager is abusing alcohol we will be able to help your child and you cope with the situation.
We understand that it can be upsetting to find out that your teenager maybe abusing alcohol but we can advise you on the best way to approach your teenager and provide the professional treatment they need.
We work in partnership with the National Addiction Centre - part of the South London and Maudsley NHS Trust and are able to offer you access to some of the UK’s leading addiction specialists.
Please call us now on 0203 326 9160 to discuss how we can help and arrange an appointment with one of our team.
Signs of Teenage Drinking
1) Home life – relationships are deteriorating in the family, they may have withdrawn or become more hostile and their behaviour has changed.
2) School life – teachers have mentioned behavioural problems, their attainment levels have dropped and there may be truancy
3) Social Life – their relationships with old friends have deteriorated; they may have created a new network of friends who are using alcohol or drugs; there may be a loss of interest in sports or other favourite activities
4) Emotional Life - basic personality changes; inexplicable and sudden mood changes; apathy
5) Physical Life – they have started to have problems with their memory, they are very tired or hyper; difficulty walking; their sleep is disturbed; red, blood-shot eyes; carelessness with grooming
6) The Evidence – alcohol in the home has disappeared or valuables are missing; use of cigarettes; use of incense; excess money or missing money
Treatment and help for Teenagers abusing alcohol
At Clinical Partners we have a team of Child Psychiatrists, Psychiatrists and Therapists who have experience in helping teenagers who abuse alcohol and drugs.
We specialise in the area of addiction and work in partnership with the National Addiction Centre.
We have a team of Educational Psychologists who are able to assist and support your child if the problem has impacted on their education or if you support in working with your school throughout this time.
We also work with a number of residential treatment services in the UK and America if inpatient treatment is required. We are therefore able to advise and support your decisions regarding residential treatment.
Call us now on 0203 326 9160 and we can arrange an appointment at your convenience.