Educational Assessments and SEN Support
If you think that your child is having problems at school or if you have been advised to see an Educational Psychologist we will be able to help you.
If you want to get an assessment to understand in more depth what challenges your child or teenager is facing, you can arrange to have them assessed by an educational psychologist or Learning Disability specialist.
This includes children and teenagers who:
- May have suspected dyslexia, dyscalculia, dyspraxia or general learning difficulties,
- Are seeking clarification of strengths and difficulties,
- Are seeking advice on strategies for support
- Are seeking to make application for exam arrangements, disabled student allowances or statements of special educational need.
The assessment can also feed into medico-legal and special educational needs tribunal work, and is suitable for all ages.
The tests are likely to include a range of psychometric tests, including:
- WISC (Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children),
- WAIS (Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale),
- WIAT (Wechsler Individual Achievement Test),
- YARC (York Assessment of Reading for Comprehension)
- DASH (Detailed Assessment of Speed of Handwriting)
You can call our CAMHS team on 020 3761 7026 for more advice.