Dr Ravi Lingam
MB, ChB, MRC Psych, BPC
Dr Ravi Lingam is trained both as a Consultant Psychiatrist and as a Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist and has worked in the NHS for over 20 years. He is currently Consultant Psychiatrist and Responsible Clinician in the Medium Secure Unit for Personality Disordered Offenders at St Nicholas Hospital, Consultant Psychiatrist to the Dangerous and Severe Personality Disorder Services in HMP Frankland and Consultant Psychiatrist in the Regional Psychotherapy Service, Northumberland Tyne & Wear NHS Foundation Trust.
Dr Lingam has extensive experience of assessing and treating patients with Personality Disorders, Bipolar Affective Disorder, Schizophrenia, depression, Anxiety, drug and alcohol misuse, eating disorders, stress and OCD.
Dr Lingam is Chair of the Professional Committee for Higher Analytic Training and a Member of the Executive Committee of the British Psychoanalytic Council. He is the Royal College of Psychiatrists Training Programme Director and Regional Advisor in Psychotherapy. He is also the Regional Representative and founder member of the Special Interest Group in Forensic Psychotherapy of the Royal College of Psychiatrist.
Dr Lingam has written over 100 medico legal reports, specialising in forensic, family and civil matters.
Dr Lingam is an especially kind and calm person, as well as being an exceptionally accomplished clinician, and it is a great pleasure to have him in the Clinical Partners team.
- Personality Disorders
- Depression and Bipolar Disorders
- Anxiety and Phobias
- Compulsive and Addictive behaviours
- Childhood trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Relationship problems
- Substance misuse problems
- Criminal, family and civil medico-legal cases
- MB ChB., BAO. LRCP and LRCS Irel.(Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland)
- Member of Royal College of Psychiatrists
- CCST – General Adult Psychiatrist & Psychotherapy
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist (British Psychoanalytic Council)
- Registered with the General Medical Council (GMC)
- Evidence based Adult Psychiatry