Which prescribed Medications can lead to addiction? There are many prescribed drugs that can lead to dependency. The most commonly prescribed medications include:
- Opiates like Codeine
- Central nervous system depressants like benzodiazepine
How do I know if I am addicted to Prescription Medication?
When an individual becomes both psychologically and physically dependent on a prescribed drug - though not all drugs will induce a physical dependency - it is likely that they have become dependent on the medication. Possible signs include:
- Continuing to take the medication despite negative consequences
- Needing to take higher doses to derive the same affect
- Reluctance and difficulty in cutting down usage of the medication
- Becoming secretive over usage
- Taking other medications to relieve the negative effects of the prescribed medication
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when reducing the dosage
- Asking for repeat prescriptions early or seeking prescriptions from multiple GP's
- Relying on the medication to cope with life and increasing the dosage in stressful times
To speak to someone in confidence about your situation and start treatment please call our Clinical Team on 0203 326 9160.