Eligibility to Join
Membership is not suitable for newly qualified practitioners, so please do check the eligibility criteria carefully.
If you think you may be suitable and would like to arrange an initial meeting then you can complete the Joining Us form to send us your contact details and CV.
- You may be suitable if you:
- Have a relevant recognised formal qualification in your specialism.
- For psychiatrists this means at Consultant Grade
- For psychologists you should be qualified and BPS members with a minimum 3 years post qualification experience
- For psychotherapists you should have as minimum a relevant Master's degree with BACP or UKCP or similar accreditation, and at least 3 years post qualification experience
- Ideally in addition to a significant level of experience in your specialism, you will also ideally have had a minimum 2 years' experience of working in the NHS.
- You are happy to work collaboratively with us, working together to deliver the highest possible standards of care to our patients.
- For psychiatrists you must be employed by an NHS Trust or other designated body that is registered with CQC.