Dr Benjamin Wright
MBBS, MRCPsych, PGDip (CBT)
Dr Benjamin Wright is a highly experienced Consultant Psychiatrist currently working for 2gether NHS Foundation Trust. He has a Medical Degree and a Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Psychotherapy, is a Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists and is on the General Medical Council Specialist Register for General Psychiatry. Dr Wright is Section 12(2) Approved under the Mental Health Act 1983.
Dr Wright has over 8 years’ experience as a Consultant Psychiatrist, training at the world-renowned Maudsley Hospital and Institute of Psychiatry in London.
Dr Wright has breadth of experience to offer patients having worked in a number a specialist teams within the NHS. He has a broad knowledge of prescribing medications and focuses on maximising their effectiveness whilst minimising any possible side effects. In terms of talking therapies, Dr Wright draws from Solution Focused Therapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) in his therapeutic approach to treatment and recovery.
Dr Wright recently completed a Diploma in Fitness Instruction and Personal Training and is focused on the concept of “Behavioural Activation” including the importance of the relationship between physical health and mental wellbeing.
Dr Wright is a highly respected clinician, described by colleagues as hard working and diligent, with a trustworthy nature. Clinical Partners are pleased to present the profile of Dr Benjamin Wright as part of our Bristol Team.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Phobias and Fears
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Schizophrenia and other Psychotic Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Substance and Alcohol Abuse
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Fitness Instruction and Personal Training
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Member of the General Medical Council
- The integration of medications, talking therapies, and behavioural activation.