Dr Rachel Edwards
BSc, MSc, DClinPsy
Dr Rachel Edwards is a Chartered Clinical Psychologist currently working for Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust. She has a BSc in Psychology, MSc in Health Psychology and Doctorate in Clinical Psychology. Dr Edwards is also a Member of the British Psychological Society and Member of the Health and Care Professions Council.
Dr Edwards has over 11 years’ post-qualification experience of providing assessment and therapeutic intervention with adults presenting with a range of mental health diagnoses, developmental difficulties and personality-related issues, including 7 years’ experience working within secure and/or forensic settings.
Dr Edwards covers issues such as depression, anxiety, phobias and fears, Autism, stress, and PTSD. She supports a range of therapeutic methods including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) and Integrative Therapy.
Dr Edwards is highly experienced in the use of various cognitive assessment tools including WAIS IV and the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule. She is also able to conduct professional Mental Capacity assessments and violence/sexual violence risk assessments and management.
Dr Edwards is described as a trustworthy and reliable clinician, with a kind and thoughtful nature, committed to supporting her patients to improve their lives. Clinical Partners are pleased to offer the capabilities of Dr Edwards to our Cambridge Clinic.
- Anti Social Personality Disorder
- Asperger’s Syndrome
- Bipolar Disorder
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Motherhood Stress
- Phobias and Fears
- Sexual Abuse and Trauma
- Suicidal Ideation
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Low Self-Esteem
- Mid-Life Crisis
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Self Harm
- Social Isolation and Loneliness
- BSc in Psychology
- MSc in Health Psychology
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- Member of the British Psychological Society
- Member of the Health and Care Professions Council
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Mentalization-based Therapy (MBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Integrative Therapy