Dr Laura Shewan
Child & Adolescent Clinical Psychologist
Dr Laura Shewan is a Clinical Psychologist currently working for Tees, Esk and Wear Valley NHS Trust. She has a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and since qualifying has completed a Diploma in Introductory Studies in Systemic Thinking and Practice. Dr Shewan is a member of the Health and Care Professions Council.
Dr Shewan has over 7 years’ experience working in the NHS.
Dr Shewan has a particular interest in working with children and young people with additional needs. Since qualifying she has worked to develop specialist skills in the assessment and formulation of a range of neurodevelopmental conditions, including Learning Disabilities and Autism Spectrum Conditions.
Laura is known to her peers as hard working, reliable, supportive and engages in high quality clinical work. She comes highly recommended by one of our most senior Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists. Clinical Partners is pleased to present Dr Shewan to our Leeds clients.
- Anxiety and Stress
- Asperger’s Syndrome
- Early Years Issues
- Family Support and Therapy
- Fears and Phobias
- Learning Difficulties
- School Problems
- SEN – Assessment Special Educational Needs
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- Advanced Diploma in Systemic Thinking and Practice
- Member of the Health and Care Professions Council
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Systemic Therapies, including solution focussed therapy and narrative approaches
- Positive Behaviour Support