Dr Jennifer Opoku
Doctorate, Msc, Bsc
Chartered Counselling Psychologist
Dr Jennifer Opoku is an experienced Chartered Counselling Psychologist and currently working for Essex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. She has a Doctorate and Master of Science in Counselling Psychology and a Bachelor of Science in Psychology. Dr Opoku is a member of The British Psychological Society and the Health and Care Professions Council.
Dr Opoku has experience working within the NHS and private sector.
Dr Opoku’s areas of speciality include, trauma, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, anxiety, panic attacks, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) health anxiety, social phobia, sexual abuse, bereavement, self-esteem issues and relationship problems. She has also undertaken various training on Long Term Conditions and Medically Unexplained Symptoms such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Pain Management. Her research interest lies in the use of mindfulness as a clinical intervention and the use of EMDR in treating trauma. Dr Opoku is also a clinical supervisor for the NHS.
Jennifer is described by colleagues as extremely professional and respectful, she comes highly recommended from her colleagues in the NHS and from one of our most senior Clinical Partner for her compassionate approach to treating her patients. Clinical Partners are pleased to present Dr Opoku to our London clients.
- Addictive Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Alcohol Dependence
- Bipolar Affective Disorder
- Body Image & Cosmetic Surgery
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Compulsive Overspending
- Eating Disorders – General
- Grief or Loss
- Low Self-Esteem
- Mid-Life Crisis
- Phobias & Fears
- Post-Natal Depression
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Relationship Issues
- Sexual Abuse & Trauma
- Social Isolation and Loneliness
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- Work & Career Related Issues
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology
- Master of Science in Counselling Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Member of The British Psychological Society
- Member of the Health Care and Professions Council
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Humanistic/Person Centred