Dr Khuzuma Akhtar
BSc (Hons), D. Ch. Psych. Psych
Child & Adolescent Psychotherapist
Dr Khuzuma Akhtar is a highly specialised and experienced Child & Adolescent Psychotherapist currently working for South Hertfordshire NHS CAMHS Team and teaching at the Tavistock Clinic. She has a BSc in Psychology, a Postgraduate Diploma in Psychoanalytic Observational Studies, and Professional Doctorate in Child and Adolescent Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy.
She has over 14 years’ experience offering therapy to children, young adults and families across the NHS and within schools, along with consultation and training to professionals working with children.
Dr Akhtar works with a wide range of problems which range in severity and complexity. Dr Akhtar’s therapeutic expertise include: evidence-based and empirically supported interventions including Long Term Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (LTPP). Short Term Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (STPP), the Tavistock’s Under 5 Brief Model and brief psychotherapy intervention. She also offers specialist assessments, including generic assessments, state of mind assessments, risk management and assessment.
Dr Akhtar is an honest, dedicated clinician, skilled in working with highly challenging children and young people, their parents and their families. Clinical Partners welcome her to our London Team.
- Anger, Aggression, Violence
- Early Years Issues
- Family Problems and Support
- Learning Difficulties
- Special Education Needs (SENs)
- School Problems
- Sleep Issues
- Eating issues
- Low mood
- BSc in Psychology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychoanalytic Observational Studies
- Professional Doctorate in Child and Adolescent Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- Association of Child Psychotherapists (ACP)
- Child & Adolescent Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- Choice and Partnership Approach (CAPA)
- Short-Term Psychodynamic Psychotherapy (STPP)
- Long Term Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (LTPP)
- Brief Psychotherapy Interventions
- Under 5s Brief Model