Dr Ashutosh Kaushal
MBBS, MD, MBA
Location: Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds
Dr Ashutosh Kaushal is a Consultant Psychiatrist currently working for Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust (LCFT). He has an MD in psychiatry, an MBA and is a Member of the General Medical Council, Royal College of Psychiatrists, the British Psychopharmacology Association, Addictions Society and The Medical Defence Union.
Dr Kaushal has over 40 years’ experience managing mental ill-health and management of complex mental health presentation which are often associated with other illnesses. In addition to English, he is fluent in Urdu, Punjabi and Hindi, enabling a greater depth of understanding of his patients’ cultural context.
Dr Kaushal has a special interest in working with those that suffer from depression, anxiety, trauma related disorders, addictions and adults with ADHD, including substantial experience in supporting patients with chronic pain management with mental health difficulties. Dr Kaushal has a specialist interest in Dual Diagnoses and uses a person centred approach to supporting clients to regain their health and wellbeing.
Alongside his clinical work, Dr Kaushal is also an experienced Medico Legal professional, who is able to produce culturally sensitive assessments, personality assessments, treatment recommendations and capacity assessments. He covers issues such as ability to protect, ADHD, puerperal psychosis, PTSD, depression, early onset psychosis, OCD, post-natal depression and substance misuse and addiction.
Dr Kaushal is described by his colleagues as a calm and methodical psychiatrist, thinking widely and systematically before making decisions, and excels at finding solutions to difficult problems. Clinical Partners are happy to present Dr Kaushal as an asset to our North West Clinics.
- Adult ADHD
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Dual Diagnoses
- Eating Disorders
- Grief or Loss
- Low Self-Esteem
- Medication Reviews
- Overeating/Binge Eating
- Phobias and Fears
- Post-Natal Depression
- Prescription Medication Dependence
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Social Isolation and Loneliness
- Substance Abuse
- Suicidal Ideation
- Work and Career Related Issues
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) Psychiatry
- Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) – Management of Addiction in Community (Part I & II)
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Member of the General Medical Council
- Associate Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- The British Psychopharmacology Association
- Addictions Society
- Person centred eclectic approach
- Evidence Based Psychiatry