BA (Hons), MSc, PGD, PGCert
Cognitive Behaviour Psychotherapist
Sara Gowland is an experienced Cognitive Behaviour Psychotherapist who currently works with patients at a Greater Manchester NHS Trust to secure their long term psychological recovery.
Sara has a BA in Psychology, an MSc in Child Development and Learning, and has received formal qualifications in CBT and EMDR.
Sara enjoys working with individuals who have complex health needs and a particular interest in treating anxiety disorders. These include PTSD, agoraphobia, social anxiety and generalised anxiety. Sara is also able to effectively help patients who have body related issues, such as BDD, hypochondriasis and emetophobia. Sara sees patients with a range of other mental health issues including depression, anxiety and stress.
Sara adopts a patient focused approach to her treatments and she is able to offer patients a range of therapeutic approaches, including CBT and EMDR.
Described as being highly professional, thorough and able to build long lasting and effective relationships with her patients, we are pleased to welcome to Sara to our Manchester team.
- Panic disorders
- Anxiety and stress
- Social anxiety
- Long term health conditions
- Complex disorders
- BA (Hons) Psychology
- MSc in Child Development and Learning
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Postgraduate Certification in Primary Care Mental Health Practice
- Certificate in EDMR
- Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society
- Member of the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
- Member of the EDMR Association
- Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist