Dr Karim Rajput
MBChB, MRCPsych, DipOccMed
Dr Rajput is an extremely capable Consultant Psychiatrist in an Acute Inpatient Unit working for Worcestershire Health & Care NHS Trust. He has expertise in the diagnosis and management of the full range of mental health disorders, including complex and severe presentations, and is a qualified EMDR therapist trained to treat patients suffering from trauma. He has a number of areas of particular interest including those listed under ‘specialisms’ below, amongst others.
He also has extensive experience of working in Occupational Health matters, including attending Police & Fire Medical Appeal Board Hearings in the capacity of an expert specialist giving verbal and written evidence.
Dr Rajput has worked and trained internationally and completed part of his specialist training in Philadelphia USA. He works periodically in Tajikistan helping with development of their mental healthcare system and is a World Health Organisation consultant. He speaks English, Urdu, French, and Tajik/Persian. He has been recognised for his exceptional quality outcomes, being awarded clinical excellence awards by the NHS on 3 separate occasions.
Dr Rajput is a highly experienced clinician with a warm and empathic manner and we are really pleased to be working with him.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Alcohol and Substance Misuse
- Personality Disorders
- Asperger’s Spectrum Assessment
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Bipolar Affective Disorder
- Occupational Health
- Peri-natal mental health
- MRCPsych – Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Diploma in Occupational Medicine
- Recognised under Section 12(2) Mental Health Act
- Member of Royal College of Psychiatrists, UK
- Member of the British Medical Association
- Registered with GMC
- Evidence based General Adult Psychiatry