Dr Raafat Labib Mishriky
MBBCH, PG Dip, MRCPsych
Old Age Psychiatrist
Location: Birmingham and Solihull
Dr Raafat Labib Mishriky is a Consultant Old Age Psychiatrist with a Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) in Old Age Psychiatry, working with the community and inpatients for the Birmingham & Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust. Dr Mishriky is also an Honorary Senior Lecturer in Old Age Psychiatry in Aston Medical school in Birmingham.
He has experience in anxiety and depression disorders in the elderly. Dr Labib Mishriky has a special interest and expertise in the diagnosis and management of dementias including Alzheimer’s disease, vascular dementia, Mixed Dementias, Lewy body dementia and Dementia with Parkinson’s, and also the management of challenging behaviours and unusual experiences in older people. This includes assessments and issuing prescriptions for Dementia Medications whenever appropriate. Dr Mishriky has done audits and publications in his speciality that was published nationally.
Dr Raafat Labib Mishriky is a friendly, approachable and professional physician, committed to offer the best care for his patients.
- Dementias and Memory problems.
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Vascular Dementia
- Mixed Dementias
- Lewy Body Dementia
- Dementia in Parkinson’s Disease
- Depression and Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Affective Disorder in Older people.
- Unusual Experiences or Psychotic symptoms in older people.
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (UK)
- Post Graduate Diploma in General Medicine.
- Evidence based Old Age Psychiatry.