Dr Ramanathan Ganapathy
MBBS, MRC Psych, PG Cert (Mental Health Law)
Dr Ganapathy is a friendly and experienced General Adult Psychiatrist who sees patients with a full range of difficulties; he has special interests in neuropsychiatry and medico legal and expert witness work.
As a General Adult Psychiatrist, Dr Ganapathy sees patients with the full range of adult mental health issues.
Dr Ganapathy has been appointed a Medical Examiner and Supervisor for the General Medical Council which involves examination, supervision and providing reports to the GMC regarding Doctors with health problems.
He is also Clinical and Medical Advisor for the General Pharmaceutical Council advising them on matters relating to fitness to practice.
Dr Ganapathy has a post graduate certificate in mental health law and has a wealth of experience in medico legal reporting including fitness to plead, capacity, detailed neuro psychiatric assessments, childcare, personal injury and employment. Where necessary he can undertake home visits.
Dr Ganapathy’s role also includes:
- Undertaking assessments under Mental Health Act 1983, Mental capacity Act 2005 and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Participating in Care Programme Approach (CPA)reviews & 117 reviews
- Preparing psychiatric reports for Managers Hearing’s, I tier Tribunals, Ministry of Justice, Courts , CPA reviews and DWP for DLA and incapacity benefits
- Providing medical evidence as Responsible Clinician in Managers Hearing’s & I tier Tribunals
- All aspects of General Adult Psychiatry
- Neuropsychiatry, including:
- Aspergers Syndrome
- Addiction & dependence issues
- Professionals with Mental Health Issues
- Medico Legal
- MBBS – 1998
- MRC Psych – Royal College of Psychiatrists 2005
- Certificate of Completion of Training General Adult Psychiatry – CCT – 2009
- Pg Cert – Mental Health Law 2010
- Member of Royal College of Psychiatrists, UK
- Member of British Neuropsychiatric Association (BNPA), UK
- Member of British Indian Psychiatric Association (BIPA), UK
- Member of British Medical Association (BMA), UK
- Member of European Huntington’s disease Network
- Registered with GMC
Evidence based General Adult Psychiatry