Dr Antony Thekkepalakkal-Antony
Consultant Adult Psychiatrist
Location: Exeter / Plymouth / Bristol
Dr Antony Thekkepalakkal-Antony is an experienced Consultant Adult Psychiatrist currently working for the Devon Partnership NHS Trust in one of the Community Mental Health Team responsible for the mental health care and treatment of adults of working age.
Dr Thekkepalakkal-Antony has a medical degree and is a qualified doctor/psychiatrist. He is a Member of the General Medical Council and also a Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists. He is on the specialist register in General Psychiatry and is also an approved clinician for the purposes of the Mental Health Act.
Dr Thekkepalakkal-Antony has over 16 years of experience working continuously in the NHS. He has been a full-time consultant psychiatrist since April 2009.
Dr Thekkepalakkal-Antony would be able to see and use his expertise in the assessment and treatment of a variety of mental health conditions disorders including Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder, Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD), Psychosis, OCD and PTSD.
Dr Thekkepalakkal-Antony advocates a pragmatic; recovery focussed and patient centred approach to treatment with an emphasis on empathetic listening skills using the bio-psycho-social model while formulating treatment recommendations.
Dr Thekkepalakkal-Antony is described by his peers as a reliable, hard-working clinician with an extensive experience in assessment and treatment of patients suffering from a variety of mental health conditions of differing degrees of complexity and severity.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders including Asperger’s Syndrome
- Mental disorders due to organic (physical health related) causes
- Bipolar Disorder
- Psychosis-Schizophrenia and other related psychotic disorders
- Disorders of Body image
- Grief or Loss
- Phobias & Fears
- Sexual Abuse & Complex psychological trauma
- Stress Reaction and Adjustment Disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Borderline Personality Disorder (or Emotionally unstable personality disorder)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Work and Career Related Issues
- Assessment of Mental Capacity
- Report writing (Medico-legal issues)
- Medical Degree MBBS
- Specialist Degree MRCPsych
- Member of the General Medical Council
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Recovery focused
- Biological (offering Medication recommendations/ reviews)
- Psychological (recommending psychology and/or psychotherapy or counselling)
- Social model of treatment (recommending activities or tools to support, enhance and improve self-management skills)