Dr Imran Malik
BSc, MBBS, MRCPsych
Dr Imran Malik is an experienced Consultant Psychiatrist currently working for the Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, and also for the St Matthews Healthcare Ltd looking after clients with chronic severe enduring mental illnesses and personality disorders. He has been a Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists since 2006. He is also an Approved Clinician and Section 12 Approved by the Secretary of State under the Mental Health Act 1983. He was awarded the Clinical Excellence Award in April 2014.
Dr Malik has expertise in assessment and management of complex mental health difficulties; his main areas of interest include mood, anxiety and psychotic disorders trauma and ADHD. Dr Malik is experienced in writing occupational health related reports and personal injury claims.
Dr Malik has a warm personality and a calm considered approach which is acknowledged and valued by patients and colleagues.
- Mood Disorders - Depression / Bipolar Affective Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders - OCD / PTSD / Panic Disorder
- Psychotic disorders - Schizophrenia / Schizoaffective Disorder
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
- Sexual dysfunction
- Sleep disorders
- Gender identity
- Adult ADHD
- Medico legal in the area of occupational health & personal injury
- BSc - Bachelor of Science
- MBBS – Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery
- MRCPsych – Member of Royal College of Psychiatrists
- CCT (Certificate of Completion of Training): Adult Psychiatry
- General Medical Council, UK (Fully registered with licence to practice and revalidated)
- Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych)
- Member of British Association of Psychopharmacology
- Approved Clinician under Section 12(2) of Mental Health Act as having special experience in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders
- Person centred approach using principles of evidence based psychiatry