Dr Jonathan Garabette
MRC Psych, BSc, MBBS
Dr Jonathan Garabette is an experienced Consultant Psychiatrist currently working for South West London and St Georges Mental Health NHS Trust. He specialises in the fields of both General Adult Psychiatry and Medical Psychotherapy.
Dr Garabette was educated at Winchester College, then went on to train at Guy’s King’s and St Thomas’s Medical School, University of London, where he obtained a first class degree in Neuroscience before graduating in Medicine and Surgery in 2004. He then undertook specialist psychiatry training at the prestigious South London and Maudsley training scheme, then schemes at Oxford, and then St George’s. He qualified as a General Adult Psychiatry Consultant in 2012 and a Consultant in Medical Psychotherapy in 2015.
In addition to providing expert general adult psychiatric assessment, diagnosis and treatment, his expertise in Medical Psychotherapy enables him to provide highly specialised psychotherapeutic assessment, recommendations and treatment. These include provision of individualised psychotherapeutic formulations including assessments of areas of psychological strengths and difficulties, and expert recommendations for psychotherapy treatment selection and planning. He has expertise in numerous psychotherapies including cognitive behavioural, family, mentalisation-based and psychodynamic approaches.
He has a particular interest in depression, bipolar disorders, anxiety, trauma (including complex trauma and dissociation), sleep disorders, psychosis, and personality and relationship difficulties. He also has specialist experience in forensic psychiatry and regularly acts as an expert witness for the courts.
Dr Garabette holds clinics both in Oxford and London.
- Addictive Relationship Patterns
- Affairs / Infidelity
- Anti-Social Personality Disorder
- Bi Polar Affective Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Body Image and Cosmetic Surgery
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Compulsive Overspending
- Drug Induced Psychosis
- Grief and Loss
- Low Self Esteem
- Medication Reviews
- Mid-Life Crisis
- Motherhood Stresses
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Over Eating / Binge Eating
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Psychotic Depression
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Sexual Abuse and Trauma
- Sexual Addiction
- Sexual Issues
- Social Isolation and Loneliness
- Suicide Suicidal Ideation
- Work and Career Related Issues
- Medical Degree
- CCT General Adult Psychiatry
- CCT Medical Psychotherapy
- Member of the General Medical Council
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Mentalisation Based Treatment (MBT)