Dr Suzanne Whitehead
Principal Consultant Psychologist
Dr Whitehead is a Clinical Psychologist working for the North Bristol NHS Trust. Her extensive experience includes working with people with a full range of mental health problems and emotional distress. These include anxiety, depression, stress and relationship difficulties through to severe and enduring problems. We find Suzanne has a particularly friendly and gentle manner.
Dr Whitehead has special interests in working with people with complex and enduring difficulties and is trained in specialist therapeutic approaches in this area. Dr Whitehead also specialises in health psychology and helping people to adjust to physical ill health.
Dr Whitehead's current NHS role involves helping patients prepare for medical procedures and coping with chronic ill health. She has delivered presentations and training in a number of specialisms.
- full range of mental health difficulties
- psychological assessments & evidence-based clinical interventions
- psychosis, personality disorders
- improving emotional wellbeing for people living with chronic ill health
- cognitive behavioural therapy - clinical assessments, interventions & teaching
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- BSc Psychology Honors Degree
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)