Dr Shelley Bennett
D. Clin Psych, MSc, BSc (Hons), PG Cert
Dr Shelley Bennett is a Clinical Psychologist currently working within the Health and Neuropsychology Department within Devon Partnership Trust. She has a degree in Psychology, Masters in Health Psychology, Post Graduate Certificate for Mental Health Practice in Primary Care and a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology in Clinical & Community Psychology.
Dr Bennett has over 10 years’ experience as a Chartered Clinical Psychologist, providing assessments and therapy for adults with a wide range of complex mental health problems.
Dr Bennett is experienced at working with patients suffering from unexplained symptoms, medical phobias, traumatic life events, loss, adjustment difficulties and commonly anxieties & depression. She has worked extensively in multidisciplinary teams within the NHS, where she has specialised in supporting people with the challenges of living with acute and chronic health conditions.
Dr Bennett uses various therapeutic methods including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) & Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT). She has developed expertise in promoting recovery and well-being through value based integrative methods of working with her patients.
Dr Bennett is described as a thoughtful, reflective and professional practitioner, with a personal & pleasant manner which makes her easy to relate to. With a warm, collaborative approach, Dr Bennett helps people learn how to live well alongside both mental & physical health challenges.
- Adult ADHD
- Bipolar Disorder
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Eating Disorders
- Grief or Loss
- Phobias & Fears
- Post-Natal Depression
- Prescription Medication Dependence
- Sexual Abuse & Trauma
- Anxiety or Panic
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Compulsive Overspending or Gambling
- Low Self-Esteem
- Mid-Life Crisis
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Work & Career Related Issues
- Pain management
- D. Clin Psych – Doctorate of Clinical Psychology in Clinical & Community Psychology
- PG Cert - Mental Health Practice in Primary Care
- MSc – Masters in Heath Psychology
- BSc (Hons) – Degree in Psychology
- Member of the British Psychological Society
- HCPC – Health and Care Professions Council
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT)