Dr Hayley Poole
DClinPsy, BA Hons
Dr Poole is currently working as Principal Clinical Psychologist in the Medical Psychology Department within Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust. She has a BA in Combined Honours with Psychology major, and a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology.
Dr Poole has specialist expertise in working with patients experiencing physical health conditions that impact on psychological functioning, including chronic pain, pelvic pain, sexual dysfunction and psychosexual issues, HIV and sexual health, chronic fatigue syndrome, diabetes and a range of general medical conditions including birth trauma.
In her private practice, Dr Poole also sees adult clients with depression, anxiety, trauma and low self-esteem. Dr Poole has undertaken training in CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy), MBCT (Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy), CBT for Chronic Fatigue, mindfulness techniques and is qualified in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing).
Hayley is an extremely capable and experienced clinician who can help with all kinds of physical health related difficulties and general adult mental health issues.
- Chronic pain & pelvic pain
- Sexual dysfunction
- HIV and sexual health
- Adjustment to chronic illness/injury
- Birth Trauma
- Low self-esteem
- Managing life events including bereavement.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- BA in Combined Honours – psychology major
- Member of the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Member of the Healthcare Professions Council (HCPC)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Person Centred