Dr Sarah Blackshaw
Dr Sarah Blackshaw is a highly specialist clinical psychologist currently working for Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals Trust
Sarah has particular expertise in the field of physical health, specifically working with people with HIV, chronic pain, fatigue and cancer. She also has experience working with the LGBT+ community, particularly around issues of gender dysphoria. In a previous role Sarah has been involved in producing a pathway for transgender patients to access supporting therapy around transition.
Sarah has excellent knowledge of cognitive behavioural therapy, brief psychodynamic therapy and systemic methods and is an empathic, patient and supportive psychologist well-liked and respected by her patients and colleagues.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Member of the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Member of the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC)
- Systemic Family Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)