Dr Gabi Highman
BA, DClinPscyh, PG Dip Sys Practice
Dr Gabrielle Highman is a senior Clinical Psychologist with a special interest in Adolescents and Families. She trained with Professor Tanya Byron and Dr Wendy Casey in Child & Adolescent Psychology.
Dr Highman works in an Adolescent Unit for Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust which treats young people aged 12-18 with psychological, social, emotional and behavioural problems including depression, anxiety disorders, eating disorders, parenting and attachment issues.
Dr Highman uses Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Interpersonal Psychotherapy, Behavioural and Systemic Interventions and is trained in EMDR for the treatment of trauma and ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy).
In Private Practice Dr Highman works with adolescents and families experiencing the full range of difficulties.
- Anxiety Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Transition Difficulties
- Parenting & Attachment Issues
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- Post Graduate Certificate in Systemic Practice (Couples & Families)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy - ACT
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – CBT
- Behavioural Therapy
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing - EMDR