We are delighted to have Alan Larney in our team. He is an extremely experienced Chartered and Registered Clinical Psychologist and Group Analyst with over 20 years of experience, who works primarily with adolescents and their families.
South African-born Alan Larney works as Lead Clinical Psychologist in an adolescent unit in north-east London, where he has developed specialisms in Mentalization-Based Treatment (MBT) and EMDR. His particular research and clinical special interests lie in trauma, personality difficulties and self-harm, but his skills extend across the whole range of psychological difficulties and he has worked extensively with families as well as with young people individually.
Alan is a Member of the Institute of Group Analysis and has an MSc in Group Analysis and an MA in Clinical Psychology.
Alan’s gentle but boundaried manner , and his extensive experience, make him exceptionally able to work with adolescents experiencing the full range of difficulties.
- MA in Clinical Psychology
- MSc Group Analysis
- Registered with Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Member of British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Institute of Group Analysis
- Mentalization-Based Treatment (MBT)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Group Analysis and psychodynamic approaches