BAFA, MSc, CPsychol, CSci, AFBPsS
Chartered Counselling Psychologist
South African born Beverley Marais is a Chartered Counselling Psychologist, Chartered Scientist and Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society (BPS). She is also a registered Psychotherapist with UKCP, a member of AED (Academy for Eating Disorders) and a member of the BPS Faculty of Addictions. She has spent 9 years training in Counselling and Psychological Therapy.
Ms Marais specialises in helping people with eating disorders including binge eating, bulimia nervosa and anorexia. She also specialises in the field of drug and alcohol abuse and addiction.
The therapeutic models that Beverley uses are mainly CBT and psychodynamic psychotherapy. In addition she is a member of the International Positive Psychology Association and follows its philosophy which aims to avoid pathologising individuals and to instead focus on their levels of resilience, their strengths, and the virtues that allow them to thrive.
- MSc. Counselling Psychology and Integrative psychotherapy
- Registered with UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- Registered with Heath & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Member of Division of Counselling Psychology
- Member of Faculty of Addictions, DCP (BPS)
- Member of the Association for Eating Disorders (AED)
- Associate Fellow British Psychological Society (AFBPsS)
- Chartered Scientist (CSci)
- Member of the Federation of Drug and Alcohol Professionals (FDAP)
- the International Positive Psychology Association (IPPA)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy.