BA, MBA, MA, PGDip
Rory Downes is a highly experienced accredited CBT practitioner currently providing psychological therapies mainly for depression and anxiety within an IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies) service provided by Nottinghamshire NHS Healthcare Trust. He was previously working in a similar role South East Staffordshire & Seisdon Peninsula Clinical Commissioning Group.
Rory has a Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, as well as a Master’s degree in Integrative Psychotherapy, and an MBA. He helps adults with the full range of mild to moderate mental health difficulties having worked in a variety of clinical settings including primary mental health care, university counselling, bereavement support, and community counselling services. He is trained in Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing (EMDR) which is recommended by NICE for the treatment of trauma.
Rory is a calm and experienced practitioner who receives extremely positive feedback from his clients, and we’re very happy to have him join us.
- Generalised anxiety
- Panic attacks
- Social anxiety
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Low self-esteem
- Sexual & Physical abuse
- Bereavement & loss
- Anger management
- Relationship issues
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- MA in Integrative Psychotherapy
- Member of the UK Council for Psychotherapy
- British Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)