Dr Phil Moore
DClinPsych, BSc, Pg Cert, PD Dip
Dr Moore is a Clinical Psychologist working in neuropsychology in Exeter for the NHS and as Principal Psychologist for Stroke Services in North Devon. He works with patients of all ages in distress who have either acquired a brain injury, a stroke or have some type of neurological illness, neurodevelopment disorder, or learning disability. He has also worked in in-patient rehabilitation, secure services and as a consultant for the National Autistic Society. He teaches on the Exeter Clinical Psychology Doctorate and has publications on topics such as post-concussion syndrome and mild traumatic brain injury.
Dr Moore has a special interest in medico-legal assessments and court experience of traumatic brain injury and experience of assessing cognition as part of both civil and criminal cases. This includes litigation for brain injury, assessments of competence to practice, assessment of PTSD and psychological injury, mental capacity and risk of violence.
- Assessments of brain injury following personal injury or clinical negligence
- Psychological injury (including PTSD) following personal injury or clinical negligence
- Assessments of capacity and Court of Protection work
- Fitness to plead in criminal proceedings
- Assessments of IQ and learning disability
- Assessments of risk of violence (including sexual violence)
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology and Criminology
- PgCert Mental Health
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- PGDip in Clinical Neuropsychology
- Registered Practitioner with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Behavioural therapy