Dr Sheila O’Toole
DClinPsy, CPsychol, AFBPsS
Dr Sheila O’Toole is a highly skilled Clinical Psychological with over ten years’ experience working for the NHS and currently works for the Solent NHS Trust Older Persons Mental Health Service providing specialist psychological assessment and interventions for complex psychological problems.
Dr O’Toole has worked with clients with a wide range of neurological and psychological difficulties including depression, stress and anxiety, grief and loss, post-traumatic stress disorder, complex trauma, relationship difficulties, psychosis, dementia and neurological conditions. She also works with people interested in personal development, overcoming low-self-esteem or low self-confidence.
She is trained in the use of cognitive-behavioural therapy, systemic, and psychodynamic therapy and provides specialist advice and treatment plans to patients, families and multidisciplinary teams. Sheila is a thoughtful and compassionate clinician and we are delighted to have her as part of the Clinical Partners team.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Post Natal Depression
- Family Support/Relationship Issues
- Grief or Loss
- Work & Career Related Issues
- Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Neuropsychology
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- PG Certificate Integrated Mental Health
- BA Honours Psychology
- Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Member of the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – CBT
- Systemic Therapy
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Humanistic Person Centred