Dr Branwen Major
BSc (Hons), DClin Pscyh, CPsychol
Dr Branwen Major is a skilled Chartered Clinical Psychologist with experience working with adults with a range mental health difficulties, physical health conditions and emotional distress. She has a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and is able to offer complex psychological assessments, recommendations and therapeutic interventions for adults.
Branwen currently works for the NHS within a neuropsychological team, helping people with brain injuries to understand and adjust to their lives after injury. She has worked with people with long-term health issues such as chronic pain, IBS, fatigue, as well as people with mental health difficulties such as anxiety, panic, depression, trauma and work and relationship stress. Branwen is trained in CBT, EMDR, ACT and Compassion based therapy.
Branwen is a thoughtful and compassionate clinician who is able to gauge and balance the need to sensitively respond to clients and be appropriately direct and resilient to obtain the best results.
- Chronic Pain
- Brain Injury
- Trauma and abuse
- Family support & adjustment
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Chartered member of BPS
- Member of the British Psychological Society
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- CBT - Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- EMDR - Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy
- ACT - Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Compassion Focused Therapy