Dr Gemma Kothari
BA, DClinPsy, PGDip
Principal Clinical Psychologist
Dr Gemma Kothari is an experienced Clinical Psychologist currently working as a Principal Clinical Psychologist in Yorkshire. She has a BA in Psychology, a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, and a Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT).
Dr Kothari has over 10 years’ experience in her field of expertise, working with adults who have complex, severe and enduring mental health difficulties, and also working with those who care for them.
She specialises across a range of mental health problems, including anxiety, depression, OCD, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Bipolar, Schizophrenia, Personality Disorders and Paranoia. Dr Kothari also delivers a wide variety of therapies, tailoring the assessment and treatment she offers to each individual depending on what the patient needs. Some of her therapeutic methods include Cognitive Analytic Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Integrative Therapy.
Dr Kothari is described by her colleagues as an intelligent, thoughtful and reflective practitioner, who offers a truly open, friendly and empathetic service to all her patients. Clinical Partners welcome Dr Kothari to our Sheffield Team.
- Eating Disorders
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Grief or Loss
- Sexual Abuse & Trauma
- Stress or Anxiety
- Suicidal Ideation
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Gambling Issues
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Social Isolation & Loneliness
- Work & Career Related Issues
- BA – Psychology
- DClinPsy – Doctorate of Clinical Psychology
- PGDip – Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Analytic Theory (CAT)
- Cognitive Analytic Theory (CAT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Integrative Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)