- Phobias and Panic Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Dr Prajakta Patil
Dr Prajakta Patil works as a consultant psychiatrist in the NHS in Kent where she leads the multidisciplinary team in assessing and managing patients. She also teaches NICE guidelines implementation and analysis of gaps in clinical practice in forensic and specialist services in her trust. She has a medical degree, a postgraduate certificate in child law, and a postgraduate diploma in mental health law.
Dr Patil has been actively involved in patient and medical education and research, with publications in peer-reviewed journals, and has presented at national and international conferences.
As an experienced, dedicated and highly skilled clinician, Dr Patil is passionate about mental health care advancement lessening the challenges people face and improving their quality of life. She is an empathic doctor who uses evidence-based approaches to enhance her practice and deliver the best outcomes tailored to the needs of each individual she works with.
Dr Patil has extensive knowledge and experience in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of mental health problems, including anxiety, depression, phobias, PTSD and trauma, obsessive-compulsive disorder, psychosis, adult ADHD and autism.
Apart from English, Dr Patil is also fluent in Hindi, and Marathi, and can offer consultations in these languages. She can also understand Urdu and Punjabi reasonably.
Dr Patil is recognised by colleagues as pleasant, hard-working, and conscientious. She is liked and respected by her clients as she quickly builds collaborative relationships. She believes in treating the individual as a whole and simultaneously promoting positive mental health, stability, and wellbeing.
Conditions I treat
Therapeutic approaches used
- Mental Health Psychoeducation
- Evidence-based Medicine
Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) - King Edward Memorial Hospital & Seth GS Medical College
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists - Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Postgraduate Certificate in Child Law - Northumbria University
- Diploma in Mental Health Law - Northumbria University
- GMC Specialist Register for Forensic Psychiatry - General Medical Council
Professional Bodies and Membership
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- General Medical Council