- Bipolar affective disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder
- Treatment-resistant depression
Dr Simon Surguladze
Dr Surguladze is a psychiatrist with over 30 years of clinical and academic experience in various areas of mental health.
He combines both extensive clinical experience along with research into the neurobiological characteristics of major psychiatric disorders and has had over 60 scientific papers published.
Dr Surguladze is a Visiting Senior Lecturer at King’s College London Institute of Psychiatry.
His treatment philosophy is based on establishing trust between the client and himself. He, therefore, dedicates much of a session listening to the client to build up a therapeutic dialogue. He combines psychopharmacological medication with some therapeutic methods including Motivational Interviewing. He does not try to teach his clients how to live their lives – but rather to develop confidence and hope so that they can better handle their problems.
Highly approachable and passionate about mental health, Dr Surguladze is a valuable asset to our London team.
Conditions I treat
Therapeutic approaches used
- Motivational Interviewing
Qualifications and Education
- PhD in Psychiatry – Institute of Psychiatry in Moscow
- DSC in Psychiatry – Tbilisi State Medical University
Professional Bodies and Membership
- Society of Biological Psychiatry (SOBP)
- British Neuropsychiatry Association (BNPA)
- Affiliate Member – Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Board Member, Institute of Medical Ethics, Psychotherapy & Health Culture(Germany)