Vasileios Spyridonidis is a well-qualified (MPsych) HCPC registered practitioner Psychologist and BACP accredited psychotherapist (MA, DipPsych). He is currently working as a Highly Specialist Counselling Psychologist for West London NHS Trust. He has over 15 years’ experience as a psychologist and psychotherapist in child, adolescent and adult services in the UK and overseas, including the NHS and educational settings.
Committed and highly motivated with an excellent grasp of developmental and psychotherapy theory and extensive clinical experience, Mr Spyridonidis has specialist training in assessments and psychological interventions such as CBT, person centred, play therapy and psychodynamic.
Mr Spyridonidis conducts expert specialised assessments and interventions of children and young people with a range of conditions, including autism spectrum, anxiety, trauma, depression, school issues and behavioural difficulties and is also trained in administering the ADOS-2 for the assessment of autism.
Mr Spyridonidis comes highly recommended from his respective peers, described as knowledgeable, thorough, curious, experienced and hard-working. He is able to adapt his communication when working with different children and families and conducts assessments and therapeutic interventions sensitively, acting in the best interest of his clients.
Conditions I treat
Therapeutic approaches used
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Couples Therapy
- Human/Person centred
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Narrative Therapy
- Solution Focussed Brief Therapy
Qualifications and Education
- Diploma in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy – Institute of Mental Health, Greece
- MA Psychotherapy & Counselling – City University
- MSc in Developmental & School Psychology – Aristotle University, Greece
- BA in Philosophy and Social Studies, Psychology Major – University of Crete
Professional Bodies and Membership
- Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered (Counselling Psychologist, Educational Psychologist)
- Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Commission des Psychologue, Belgium