Dr Cipriano Beccar Varela
Dr Cipriano Beccar Varela is a highly experienced Consultant in General Adult Psychiatry currently working for the Greater Manchester’s Mental Health NHS Foundation. He is a member of the General Medical Council (GMC), as well a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (RCPSYCH), of the Official Association of Physicians of Barcelona (COMB) and of the Association of Physicians of Buenos Aires.
Dr Beccar Varela has several years’ experience providing clinical assessment, including relevant psychiatric investigation in the NHS, Third Sector and in the private sector. Dr Beccar Varela has worked with a wide range of difficulties, including ADHD, Bipolar Affective Disorder, Personality Disorder, Depression, Drug Dependence and Dual Diagnosis.
Dr Beccar Varela has been described by his colleagues as being an excellent communicator and always operating to the highest standards of professionalism. Clinical Partners are very pleased to present Dr Beccar-Varela as part of our Manchester team.
Conditions I treat
Qualifications and Education
- Medical Degree
- Affiliate of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (RCPSYCH)
- Specialist in Psychiatry - Association of Argentine Psychiatrists (APSA)
- Fellow in Dual Diagnosis - Vall d` Hebron’s Hospital, Barcelona, Spain.
- Approved Clinician & Section 12(2) status under the Mental Health Act 1983.
Professional Bodies and Membership
- Member of the General Medical Council (GMC)
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (RCPSYCH)
- Member of the Association of Argentine Psychiatrists (APSA)
- Member of the Sociedad Española de Patología Dual (SEPD)
- Member of Medical Protection Society (MPS)
Therapeutic approaches used
- General evidence-based psychiatry