- Adjustment Disorders
- Anxiety, Panic attacks and Stress
- Childhood behavioural difficulties
- Emotional difficulties
- Fears and Phobias
- Impact of Divorce/Separation
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Oppositional defiant disorder
- Self-esteem issues
- School and friendship difficulties
Dr Swaroopa Saha
Dr Swaroopa Saha is a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist with over 15 years of clinical experience, working within and leading CAMHS teams supporting and promoting mental health as well as treating young people with a range of mental health conditions and complex presentations.
Dr Saha completed her core psychiatry training on the Royal Free Hospital training scheme in London. She then undertook higher specialty training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry with the Maudsley Hospital and Tavistock Clinic training programmes. Since obtaining CCST, she has worked in the NHS as a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist.
With a special interest in assessing, diagnosing and managing neurodevelopmental disorders such as autism & ADHD, Dr Saha has received extensive training on specialist teams and gained experience as a lead consultant on neurodevelopmental pathways. From recognising autism and ADHD in both girls and boys to evidence-based treatments for ADHD and managing insomnia, Dr Saha is committed to pursuing the best outcome for her clients.
She takes a holistic approach, offering supportive psychotherapeutic and psycho-educational interventions and utilises Systemic Family Therapy, ADHD Coaching, behavioural approaches and Interpersonal Psychotherapy. She is experienced in prescribing evidence-based medication where indicated.
Dr Saha is an extremely thoughtful, professional, collaborative and client-centred clinician who is well respected by her peers. She has experience working with families from a diverse range of cultural backgrounds. Dr Saha delivers compassionate care with clinical excellence, drawing on her skills working in partnership with families and young people to establish the best possible outcomes.
Conditions I treat
Therapeutic Approaches Used
- ADHD Coaching
- Family Evidence-Based Psychiatry
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Systemic Family Therapy
Qualifications & Education
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), National University of Singapore
- Certificate of Completion of Speciality Training (Child and Adolescent Psychiatry), Specialist Training Authority of the Medical Royal Colleges, UK
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, Royal College of Psychiatrists, UK
Professional Bodies & Membership
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, UK
- General Medical Council