- Mental disorders due to organic (physical health related) causes
- Bipolar affective disorder
- Grief or Loss
- Phobias & Fears
- Stress Reaction and Adjustment Disorders
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Assessment of Mental Capacity
Dr Uchechukwu Nwachukwu
Dr Uchechukwu Nwachukwu is an experienced Consultant Adult Psychiatrist currently working for NHS Lanarkshire in a Community Mental Health Team, responsible for adult mental health treatment and care.
Dr Nwachukwu is registered with both the General Medical Council and the Royal College of Psychiatrists. He is on the GMC Specialist Register in Older Adults Psychiatry and is also an approved clinician for the purposes of the Mental Health Act.
Dr Nwachukwu has extensive experience and has been working within the NHS since August 2008, most recently providing care to older adults, diagnosing and treating both Functional and Organic Mental Disorders. Using his broad expertise in the assessment and treatment, Dr Nwachukwu is able to treat a variety of mental health conditions disorders including Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder, Dementia, OCD and PTSD.
Dr Nwachukwu is described as a reliable, caring and hard-working clinician with a wide experience with a range of conditions who always acts to deliver the best outcomes for his patients.
Conditions I treat
Therapeutic approaches used
- Recovery focussed
- Biological (offering Medication recommendations/ reviews)
- Psychological (recommending psychology and/or psychotherapy or counselling)
- Social model of treatment (recommending activities or tools to support, enhance and improve self-management skills)
Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor of Medical Science (Hons) Physiology - University of Port Harcourt
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery - University of Port Harcourt
Professional Bodies and Membership
- Member of the General Medical Council
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- GMC Specialist Register