Support for Separations and Divorce with Children
If you feel that your child or teenager is finding your divorce stressful, sad and confusing and they are not coping well – we will be able to you help you and your child.
A divorce or separation is difficult for everyone in the family – whatever age they are. You may be struggling to come to terms yourself and are finding it hard to provide all the comfort and support your child may need. But with the right support and care we can help you through this difficult stage.
Call us now on 0203 326 9160 to arrange an appointment with one of our family team.
Knowing when to seek professional help for children coping with a divorce
Some children go through divorce with relatively few problems, while others have a very difficult time. It is normal for children to have a range of emotions including anger and resentment, anxiety as well as being slightly depressed and sad.
However, if your child is overwhelmed or is stuck in depression, overly anxious and angry then additional support may be needed.
Also watch out for other signs of more serious problems including:
- Sleep problems
- Poor Concentration and issues at school
- Drug or Alcohol abuse
- Angry Outbursts or Violence
- Self-injury or cutting
- Issues round food and eating
- Withdrawal and refusal to take part in activities
At Clinical Partners our experienced team of family therapists and counsellors will be able to offer divorce support for children and help for you.
We can also help you manage the family communications in various ways including:
- Advice on what to say and how to say it
- Avoiding blame within the family
- Helping your child express how they are feeling
- Advice on providing information that is age specific
- Clearing up misunderstandings
- Advice on providing stability, structure and routines
- Helping parents take care of themselves
Whatever your situation call us now on 0203 326 9160 to arrange a private appointment with one of our team.