Professor Simon Dein
MBBS, PhD, Dip pal Med, FRCPsych
Professor Simon Dein is a Consultant Psychiatrist currently working for South Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust. He has a Medical Degree, a PhD in Anthropology and Diploma in Palliative Medicine. Professor Dein is a Fellow of the Royal College of Psychiatrists and Member of the General Medical Council.
Professor Dein has over 30 years’ experience as a Psychiatrist working in the NHS. He is also an Honorary Professor at Barts Hospital teaching Cultural Psychiatry.
His clinical expertise includes the treatment of Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorder, OCD, Bipolar and Phobias and Fears. Professor Dein has an interest in the management of psychological disorders in patients with physical illness, particularly cancer, diabetes and arthritis.
Professor Dein is described as not only an excellent psychiatrist, but a compassionate, warm and friendly clinician, with a lot of value to add to the lives of his patients. Clinical Partners are proud to present Professor Simon Dein as part of our London Team.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Phobias and Fears
- Suicidal Ideation
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Self Harm
- Medical Degree
- PhD in Social Anthropology
- Diploma in Palliative Medicine
- Fellow Royal College Psychiatrists
- Fellow of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Member of the General Medical Council
- Cognitive therapy for depression particularly associated with chronic medical disorders