- Affective Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Personality Disorders
- Substance misuse
Dr Dharangini Dinakaran
Dr Dhara Dinakaran is a General Adult Psychiatrist with specialisms in ADHD, addiction, and forensic psychiatry. She completed the Kings College MSc in Addictions in 2007 and a clinical certificate in Psychopharmacology in 2009.
Dr Dinakaran is experienced in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of conditions including, depression, bipolar affective disorder, psychotic illness, personality disorder, eating disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder. Dr Dinakaran is ADI-R trained which is the gold standard clinical diagnostic instrument for assessing autism in adults.
Dr Dinakaran has completed Expert Witness training and is regularly instructed to prepare medico-legal reports. Her criminal court work includes fitness to plead, criminal responsibility, pre-sentencing and disposal. In the Family Courts, she is asked to advise on the impact on mental illness, personality disorders and addictive behaviours on child care. She also reports on Immigration cases and is an Independent Expert in Mental Health Tribunals.
Conditions I treat
Therapeutic approaches used
Evidence based general adult psychiatry
Qualifications and Education
- Clinical Certificate in Psychopharmacology
- CCT in General Adult Psychiatry and Addictions Accreditation
- MSc in Clinical and Public Health Aspects of Addictions
- MRCPsych - Royal College of Psychiatrists, UK
Professional Bodies and Membership
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management
- Member of the Forensic Peer Review Network, Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Member of the Society of Expert Witness
- Member of the British Association of Psychopharmacology
- Registered with the General Medical Council (GMC)