- Anxiety disorders
- Health anxiety
- Medically unexplained symptoms including chronic fatigue syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome, emetophobia (fear of vomiting)
- Tinnitus and other visual and vestibular problems
Dr Jane McNeill
Dr Jane McNeill is a chartered Doctor of Counselling Psychology and a fully accredited EMDR Europe Practitioner working in London. She is an experienced and highly empathetic psychologist who works with young people and adults, who often have complex mental health problems.
Before joining Clinical Partners, Dr McNeill spent 10 years working in the NHS as a chartered psychologist treating anxiety disorders including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), complex trauma, health anxiety, and medically unexplained symptoms such as chronic fatigue syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome and pain management.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Dr McNeill continued to work for Clinical Partners while taking on a position in the rollout of the North Central London NHS Trust vaccine programme. This gave Jane an insight into the physical and psychological impact on individuals affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. This work continues to inform Jane’s professional practice, and she maintains an interest in the effect of the pandemic on individuals’ mental and physical health.
For Clinical Partners, Dr McNeill now specialises in treating PTSD, anxiety disorders, trauma, and other complex needs using EMDR and other evidence-based therapeutic interventions recommended by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).
Dr McNeill views every client as unique and likes to create a safe, therapeutic relationship where she can develop a detailed understanding of the client’s needs and preferences.
Jane works primarily from a cognitive behavioural and compassion-focused perspective and before training as a psychologist, worked in the management consultancy sector for over a decade. Today, she enjoys delivering workshops on trauma, PTSD, EMDR, CBT, anxiety disorders, and other psychological issues that can affect people in various settings.
Jane loves to work with people to establish the best way forward. Her work is person-centred, collaborative and encourages clients to feel safe, trusted and accepted.
Conditions I treat
Therapeutic approaches used
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Humanistic/Person Centred
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy (REBT)
- Transactional Analysis
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- Schema Therapy
Qualifications and Education
- Doctor of Counselling Psychology, City University, London
- Post Graduate Conversion Diploma in Psychology – London Metropolitan University
- BA Honours in French - University of Liverpool with distinction in spoken French
- EMDR Accredited
Professional Bodies and Membership
- Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society (AFBPsS)
- HCPC registered psychologist
- Accredited member of the EMDR Association UK
- Member of the BABCP