- Dissociative disorders
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Dr Evangelos Stephanopoulos, best known to his patients as Dr Van, is a committed and passionate clinical psychologist with exceptional academic credentials and broad clinical experience.
He has diverse clinical experience in the UK and abroad, having worked in multiple settings, including with the NHS at various trusts across the country. Most recently, he has provided private clinical services and therapy while lecturing in clinical psychology at the University of Lincoln.
Dr Van regularly works with people experiencing PTSD, depression, OCD, anxiety, phobias, bipolar disorder, relationship difficulties, anger issues, work-related stress, cognitive impairment, and addictive disorders, providing personalised treatments that utilise his skills in CBT and EMDR.
He is also a skilled and qualified autism assessor, having trained in the Autism Diagnostic Interview-Revised (ADI-R), which is considered one of the gold-standard diagnostic instruments for assessing autism in children and adults.
His peers describe him as an ethical, considerate and skilled clinician who employs his broad skillset to provide the highest care standards to support his clients.
As a firm advocate for strengthening the connection between patient and therapist, Dr Van fosters an open and honest relationship with his clients, believing that trust and respect built within the sessions will have a positive therapeutic effect each time.
Conditions I treat
Therapeutic approaches used
- CBT - Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- EMDR - Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy
- ACT - Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Integrated Psychotherapy
Qualifications and Education
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, University of Lincoln
- Pg Dip in Applied Psychology, Middlesex University
- MA Psychoanalytic Studies, University of Essex
- BSc Psychology with Criminology, Middlesex University
Professional Bodies and Membership
- The Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)