- Exploration of gender identity
- Panic Attacks / Panic Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Dr Lisa Connell
Dr Lisa Connell is a Consultant Psychiatrist experienced in many areas of mental health and specialises in providing psychiatric assessments for children and adolescents.
She came to psychiatry thanks to a keen interest in the mind-body connection. After training at St Barts and The Royal London Medical School, as well as completing qualifications with the Royal College of Psychiatrists, she spent 18 years working as an NHS Psychiatrist where she developed a skill for approaching assessments in a holistic way that considers all areas of a person's life and what makes them unique. Dr Connell continues to work within the NHS as a CAMHS Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, alongside her private work.
Dr Connell works collaboratively with patients to support them through difficult times and bring about change at the right pace for them, while also helping them to move forward into adult life. She is kind, considerate, and passionate about making a difference to the families and young people she works with. She believes that mental and emotional wellbeing is a central part of what makes us human, and that the right support can enable change so life can be experienced to its fullest.
Dr Connell is seeing patients online and face-to-face at our Bristol clinic.
Conditions I treat
Qualifications and education
- BMedSci, Queen Mary, University of London
- MBBS, St Barts and The Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of London
- MRCPsych, Royal College of Psychiatrists
- CCT in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, GMC
Professional bodies and memberships
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- Royal College of Psychiatrists