MSc, PG Diploma in Counselling/Psychotherapy
Ounkar Kaur is a experienced Psychodynamic Psychotherapist currently working in the private and voluntary sector with adults experiencing mental health issues. She has a Masters in Counselling & Psychotherapy and is registered with The British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC).
Ounkar has been involved in the field of mental health since 1995. Ounkar a substantial amount of experience of working in the above sectors, in addition to this, she has worked in the NHS over a period of several years.
With experience across mental health services, Ounkar is able to see adult patients suffering with issues such as Anxiety, Depression, PTSD, Trauma, Grief or Loss and OCD. Therapeutic Methods include Humanistic/Person Centred Therapy and Psychodynamic Psychotherapy.
Ounkar has previously set up a counselling service for women from the South Asian community which she developed over a period of seven years. She is an accredited Race Equality Trainer offering diversity training and workshops in the context of mental health.
Ounkar is described as professional, courteous and thorough, working collaboratively with her patients and using her eye for detail, accompanied by a substantially developed skillset to fully support her patients. Clinical Partners welcome her to our Bristol Clinic.
- Transgenerational Conflict
- Forced Marriage
- Body Image
- Eating Disorders
- Grief or Loss
- Phobias & Fears
- Sexual Abuse & Trauma
- Suicidal Ideation
- Gender Identity
- Low Self-Esteem
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Social Isolation & Loneliness
- Work & Career Related Issues
- Masters in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Registered with The British Psychanalytic Council
- Member with The Severnside Institue for Psychotherapy
- Professional Member of the International Association for Counselling
- Person Centred Therapy
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy