Dr Michael Utterson gained his medical degree from King’s College London and has since worked in the NHS for the last 10 years, most recently with Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust in South East London. During his time there, Dr Utterson worked with a varied caseload of patients with complex needs.
Dr Utterson is a general adult psychiatrist who sees patients with a full spectrum of psychiatric difficulties. He has worked at a consultant level across community, acute inpatient and rehabilitative settings, developing his clinical approach, which combines strong assessment skills and collaborative care planning. He has particular interests in complex presentations and neuro-developmental disorders.
Colleagues have highlighted Dr Utterson’s excellent clinical skills and high levels of professionalism and would highly recommend him as he is an excellent consultant psychiatrist.
Conditions I treat
Therapeutic approaches used
- General evidence-based psychiatry
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT)
Qualifications and Education
- Certificate of Completion of Training, General Psychiatry, General Medical Council
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy Practitioner, Association for Cognitive Analytic Therapy
- MRCPsych: Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- MB BS(Lond): King’s College London
- BSc(Hons): Endocrinology, King’s College London
- DHMSA: Diploma in the History of Medicine, The Worshipful Society of Apothecaries
- DipFMS: Diploma in Forensic Medical Sciences, Queen Mary University of LondonThe Worshipful Society of Apothecaries
- DHMSA: Diploma in the Philosophy and Ethics of Medicine, The Worshipful Society of Apothecaries
Professional Bodies and Membership
- American Psychiatric Association
- Association for Cognitive Analytic Therapy
- Royal College of Psychiatrists